Thursday 31 March 2011

Flax, a friend.

Flax is an essential ingredient in every vegan’s diet. It is high in immune enhancing Omega 3-6-9 fatty acids. Flaxseeds help to fight disease, lower bad cholesterol, prevent breast cancer and reduce the risk of heart attack (to name a few benefits). Stuck for a way to get more flax flowing through your system? It may seem a daunting task until you are addicted to the taste and glorious texture of flaxseed crackers! !

You mean to say they are vegan, full of flavour, gluten free, crunchy, raw and healthy too??! Goodbye chemical crackers! Hello amazing party in my mouth!

When flaxseed is mixed with other tasty things, and then added to water and let sit (ten minutes), it gets really gelatinous – forming a paste. You then simply spread - dehydrate 8 hrs – flip – dehydrate 8 hrs! Then voila! They are finished and ready to eat. I have no reason to buy factory made crackers again. Why would I? It is truly an incredible phenomenon. It makes me feel so awesome knowing exactly what ingredients are in my foods, and that I prepared it with love and gratitude.

The scrumpdidlyumptious arrival of flax crackers in my life was welcomed with an open mouth. They are very enjoyable with any kind of dip, pate, guacamole, soup, or sprinkled on a salad. The list is endless. Get creative! You could even make a cracker sandwich if you so desire. If you want to keep it simple just eat them alone.
Get on the cracker train!!!! You will be ever so glad you did.
If you do not have access to an Excalibur dehydrator, I can sell you some of my yummy cracker 
creations. J

I made a batch last night, take a peek, and prepare to drool.
Live to Eat.




1 comment: